MEET PATTY GUSTIN, ONE OF THE NEW GENERATION OF WOMEN WHO SERVE
Patty Gustin is one of the new generation of women to serve on the Naperville City Council. For the past seven years, she has worked to support past, current and future generations.
Patty Gustin has over 20 years of experience in governing and community service to share with her community.
She gained experience on boards in Lisle and Naperville beginning in 1994 and has led boards as chairwoman. Her leadership and service to the community are clear from the many ways she has served, most notably as a Councilwoman for the City of Naperville these past years. See the full list of service below.
After education at Roosevelt and DePaul Universities, she entered the workforce as a paralegal and held positions with the U.S. Attorney’s Office and with Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for over 10 years before changing her business focus to Real Estate as a Realtor for both Berkshire Hathaway and Charles Rutenberg
With work experience in law and realty and with elected positions on boards and commissions, Patty is well suited to serve.
Patty Gustin and Family
YEARS of SERVICE
- Councilwoman for the City of Naperville (2016 to present)
- Liaison Naperville Sister Cities Commission
- Commissioner of the DuPage Water Commission
- Liaison Naperville Community TV (NCTV17)
- Mainstreet Organization of Realtors – Government Affairs Board
- Prior DuPage Mayor and Manager Commissioner
- Prior Liaison of Naperville Public Library
- Planning Commission Chairwoman for the City of Naperville Planning Commission Board (2007-2016)
- Acting- Chair of the Naperville Zoning Board of Appeals (2001-2007)
- Professional Standards/Arbitration Board, Real Estate Association of Western and South Suburban Board Member (1994 – 2006) now Mainstreet Realtors
- Naperville Downtown Advisory Commission (Member & Liaison)
- President of the Steperette Color Guard and Parent Organization (2005-2007)
- Lisle Zoning Board of Appeal (1994-1998)
- Lisle Planning Commission (1998-2000)
- Prior Board member of the Green Trails subdivision board
- Prior Board member & President of the Century Farms Homeowners Association
- Member of Naperville Exchange Club- Healing Field- RibFest
- Board Member Healing Field of Honor – Operation Support Our Troops
- Naperville Woman’s Club member
- Naperville League of Women Voters
- Cress Creek Garden Club
- Member Senior Celebration (NNHS)
- Atwater Subdivision President (2018-2021)
WHY VOTE for PATTY?
EXPERIENCE THAT WORKS FOR YOU.
EXPERIENCE – RUNNING THE 4TH LARGEST CITY IN ILLINOIS:
- Responsible for a 500,000+ million dollar balanced budget providing services such as police, fire and ambulance, libraries, transportation and parking (snow removal and paving) utilities (water, sewer & electric), economic development, permitting and construction and general well-being of residents.
EXPERIENCE – SUPPORTING LOCAL CONTROL TO BEST REPRESENT LOCAL CONSTITUENTS:
- DuPage Mayors & Managers Conference – Monitors county wide activities & legislation and fosters intergovernmental cooperation.
- DuPage Water Commission- Monitor healthy water for all of DuPage County while working to expand services to more communities.
- Sister City Liaison – offers a greater understanding of lasting friendship between the people, including opportunities for cultural exploration; providing economic development and trade opportunities; opening a dialogue that addresses mutual issues; and developing partnerships through which we can creatively learn, work and solve problems together.
- Kids Matter Advisory Board – Building resilient kids who say No to destructive choices and Yes to endless possibilities.
- Judd Kendall VFW Auxiliary – Supporting our Veterans and their families.
EXPERIENCE: COST OF LIVING CHALLENGES
- With Inflation costs on the rise, Patty continues to vote against overspending and budget increases while recommending efficiencies to help with future costs savings.